- Odisha approves investment proposals worth 2,435 crore
- Odisha Governmentapproved investment proposals worth ₹2,435 crorein different sectors which would provide direct employment to 5,432 people in the State.
- The investment projects were approved at the State Level Single Window Authority (SLSWA)meeting chaired by Chief Secretary A.K. Tripathy on September 26.
The projects were approved in food processing, chemicals, metal, infrastructure, power, renewable energy and downstream sectors.
- The proposal of Ion Exchange Limited for setting up a manufacturing plant of anion and resin at Paradip with an investment of ₹166 crore and creation of employment for 125 people got the approval of the SLSWA.
- Beekay Steel Industries Limited’s proposed ₹196 crore steel billet manufacturing unit at Kalinganagar also got the approval. This unit will create employment opportunities for 506 people.The proposal of Kamaljit Singh Ahluwalia for expansion of its existing 0.1 mtpa steel plant to 0.2 mtpa capacity at Barpada in Keonjhar district with an investment of ₹593.67 crore and employment potential of 1,274 people also got approval of the SLSWA.
- ADB sharply cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.5% for FY20
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on sharply cut India’s growth forecast to 6.5 per cent for the current fiscal, weighed down by the GDP growth rate dipping to a six-year low in the first quarter.
- In its supplement to the ADO in July, the Manila-headquartered multi-lateral funding agency cut the country’s GDP growth estimate to 7 per cent for 2019-20 on the back of fiscal shortfall concerns.
- Abrupt declines in manufacturing and investment reflect uncertainty ahead of general elections, subdued lending by banks and other financial institutions, the stress in the rural economy, and a weakening external outlook.
- Japan launches ‘World’s Biggest Transport SpaceShip’ for Space Station
- Japan launched an unmanned spacecraft towards the International Space Station after a fire early this month delayed the mission.
- The H-2B rocket lifted off at 1:05 am local time (1605 GMT) with cargo vessel Kounotori8.
- The launch took place from the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency’s Tanegashima Space Center in southwestern Japan.
- Kounotori8, meaning “white stork” in Japanese, intends to deliver about 5.3 tonnes of supplies to astronauts at the ISS, including fresh food and water as well as batteries and devices needed for experiments.
- Centre institutes national unity award named after Sardar Patel
- The Centre has instituted the highest civilian award for contribution to the unity and integrity of India, in the name of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The award seeks to recognize notable and inspiring contributions to promote the cause of national unity and integrity and to reinforce the value of a strong and united India.
- The award will be announced on the occasion of the National Unity Day on the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel on 31st of October.
- The award will be conferred by the President by a Sanad under his hand and seal and presented by him in a presentation ceremony along with the Padma award presentation ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- The award would consist of a medal and a citation.
- No monetary grant or cash award would be attached to this Award.
- Prime Minister Modi receives ‘Global Goalkeeper’ award for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred the “Global Goalkeeper” award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by his government.
- Mr Modi dedicated the award to those Indians who transformed the Swachh Bharat campaign into a ‘people’s movement’ and accorded topmost priority to cleanliness in their day-to-day lives.
- The campaign has not only improved the lives of crores of Indians, but it has also played a significant role in achieving the goals set by the UN.
- The cleanliness campaign was launched by the Modi government during its first term on October 2, 2014.
- J&K becomes the first state to issue the highest number of golden cards under Ayushman Bharat scheme
- Jammu and Kashmir have become the first state in the country to issue the highest number of golden cards under Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- Over 11 lakh golden cards have been generated within the first 90 days of the launch of the scheme with 60% of families having at least one golden card which is highest in the country.
- The CEO informed that claims amounting to around 14 crore rupees have been settled till date and state is registering phenomenal progress under the scheme.
- Adam Harper won bags SASTRA-Ramanujan Prize
- The 2019 Sastra-Ramanujan Prize will be awarded to number theorist Adam Harper of the University of Warwick, England.
- This annual prize is given to honour outstanding contributions by individuals not exceeding age of 32 in areas of mathematics, influenced by Indian mathematician Ramanujan.
- The prize, which includes a cash award of USD 10,000 and a citation, will be awarded at the international conference on number theory scheduled for December 22 (Ramanujan’s birthday).
· IAAF honoured the Indian legend PT Usha
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) honoured the former Indian athlete and OlympianPT Ushawith the prestigious IAAF Veteran Pin Award. Usha received the award from the IAAF president Sebastian Coe at the 52nd IAAF conference in Doha. IAAF Veteran Pin Award recognizes the efforts of the players who have made matchless contributions to athletics.
- She is nicknamed as Payyoli Expres. In 1985, She won five gold medals at the Asian Games in Jakarta. She was awarded the prestigiousArjuna Awardin 1983. In 1985, she received the Padma Shri Award.
OPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for OPSC Prelims and OPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by OPSC Notes are as follows:-
- OPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- OPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- OPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- OPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes