The Renaissance was a fervent period of European cultural, artistic, political and economic“rebirth” following the middle Ages. Generally described as taking place from the 14th centuryto the 17th century, the Renaissance promoted the rediscovery of classical philosophy,literature and art.
The Causes of Renaissance are:
- Rise of Intellectualism.
- Reintroduction of classical works.
- The invention of the Printing Press
- Patronage of Rulers, Popes and Nobles
- Crusades: The Crusades were expeditions of Christians, to reconquer the lost areas from infidels. The Crusades failed in their religious purpose but brought in great effects in culture andeconomic life of Europe. They encouraged trade and commerce, which made Italian stateprosperous.
- Increase in trade and prosperity.
- Periods of both peace and war have been credited with allowing the Renaissance to spread andbecome a European phenomenon. The end of the Hundred Years War between England andFrance in 1453 allowed Renaissance ideas to penetrate in Europe.
- Renaissance humanism was a new manner of thinking and approaching the world, based on anew form of curriculum for those learning.
- OPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- OPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- OPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- OPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes