- Economic Critique of British Empire: It was perhaps the most important contribution ofthe moderates. RC Dutt, DadabhaiNaroji (Drain Theory). They also exposed the ill effectof foreign capital in India in form of suppression of Indian industries.
Constitutional Reforms: Indian Councils Act of 1892 was result of their efforts which increased the number of members in Imperial Legislative Council as well as Provincial Legislative Council.
Efforts for national unit: To unite India politically, Congress sessions were held in different cities every year and initially president would have been from a city other than the hosting city.
A truly representative body: It has representation from all parts of India, from all castesand religions. Its early presidents included – Muslims, Hindus, Parsis and even Britishers.
Administrative Reforms: Indianisation of higher civil services
Defence of Civil rights: They vouched for freedom of press, freedom of speech etc.
They also opposed aggressive foreign policy towards India’s neighbors.
Formed public opinion and aroused nationalism.OPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for OPSC Prelims and OPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by OPSC Notes are as follows:-
- OPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- OPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- OPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- OPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes