Brief Intro- of Scheme
- The Programme is targeted cash transfer and hence high chances of exclusion errors.
- The landless tenant are out of the beneficiary list.
- Will lead to fragmentation of the land. Beneficiary will fragment the land to avail the benefit of the scheme. In long run it is not good for agricultural productivity.
- Amount given is petty in nature and is not going to address long term problem as inflation and cost of living is increasing at a sustained rate.
- Scheme is not a structural solution to the problem rather than NREGA shall be empowered as it can bring structural change at the grass root level.
- Competitive populism in the long run will put a burden on the fiscal deficit and hence government borrowings will increase affecting the balance sheet of the state exchequer.